PowerSharp® is a unique, proprietary saw chain and sharpening tool that gives the user the power to sharpen their PowerSharp® chain, on the saw, on the job, in seconds.
The PowerSharp® system comprises four components that work together to provide a fast, simple and portable method of sharpening PowerSharp® saw chain.
1. PowerSharp® chain:
- PowerSharp® Chain has unique, top-sharpening cutters and is low kickback per ANSI B125.1 and CSA Z62.3.
- Chisel-style cutters, ramped depth gauges and ramped guidance drive links provide a smooth and efficient cutting action and good chip flow.
- The diamond-coated dresser link resurfaces the sharpening stone, ensuring flat cutter to stone contact
- Look for the PowerSharp® diamond stamped on each cutter link. Only genuine PowerSharp® saw chains can be used with the PowerSharp® system.
2. Sharpening Stone:
- The sharpening stone fits inside the bar-mounted sharpener. Matching the saw chain life, the stone should be replaced at the same time as the PowerSharp® chain.
3. PowerSharp® Guide Bars:
- Lightweight and manoeuvrable, the PowerSharp® guide bar is designed as a direct replacement.
- Alignment and latch pinholes for the proprietary sharpening tool ensure perfect alignment between the cutter and the stone.
- Small nose radius helps to reduce kickback energy.
- Available in three lengths for the majority of saw mounts.
4. Sharpening Unit:
- Clamps over the end of the PowerSharp® guide bar when sharpening.
The four components of the PowerSharp® system are sold in two pack:
- One contains the specific PowerSharp® guide bar and sharpening unit
- The other contains the specific PowerSharp® chain and sharpening stone.
To get started with PowerSharp® you will need both packs. The chain can be sharpened between 5 and 15 times, depending on the conditions. It must always be replaced at the same time as the sharpening stone.